[BioC] multtest problem...

Dipl.-Ing. Johannes Rainer johannes.rainer at tugraz.at
Fri Apr 29 11:58:26 CEST 2005

hi,

i used the mt.teststat function from the package multtest and wonder
why the p values that the function calculates differ from those i get
using the wilcox.test or t.test function.
i tried it with the golub data set (data(golub)) and
wilcox.test(x=golub[,golub.cl==0],y=golub[,golub.cl==1])

returns a p-value = 0.8987

while teststat<-mt.teststat(golub,golub.cl,test="wilcoxon")

teststat[1] = 1.75419

i thought that the mt.teststat funciton uses simple t tests or wilcox
test to calculate p values...
perhaps i am wrong with the class labels?

from the help i understood, that if i have two groups in my samples i
submit as classlabels for examples c(0,0,0,1,1,1) and this means that
the first 3 columns of my data correspond to group 0 and the other 3 to
group 1. is this correct?

thanks, jo