[BioC] Error loading some BioC packages !

Giulio Di Giovanni perimessaggini at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:42:55 CEST 2005

Dear group,

I have installed R 2010, and "all" BioC packages.
I'm using a Windows XP OS on a AMD 3GB, 1.5 Gb RAM.
Now, loading some packages (for ex. vsn, annaffy) I receive the windows
error message

"fail to find access point in R.dll" (translated from italian).

and  the following R message (example for annaffy)

Error in library(annaffy) : .First.lib failed for 'annaffy'

I tried unistalling, clearing the registry and reistalling R and BioC and
the result is exactly the same.
I was thinking to a problem of my system, but just some minutes ago, a
collegue installed everything on a different computer and with different
software (but always win XP), and he called me because he has the same
problem, for the same libraries...
I read on the mailing list of some(different) bugs... Is this the case?...
Does anyone know which is the problem ad (hopefully) the solution ?
'cause I cannot work anymore...

Thanks a lot...

Giulio