[BioC] cdfName/annotation variants for hgu133a?

peter.warren@verizon.net peter.warren at verizon.net
Fri Aug 5 00:01:24 CEST 2005

Hello,

I am trying to write an R function that detects the chip type of an exprset passed in, then executes different code depending on chip type. In particular, I want to detect the HGU133A, HGU133 Plus 2.0, and HGU133B. Does anyone know if there is a limited set of allowable strings for the cdfName/annotation name of these three chips? I would need to check for, and accept, all of them, I believe.

A little detail...
The input exprset has been generated by running functions like rma(), expresso(), mas5(), etc., on an AffyBatch created from CEL files from many possible sources (not under my control). In my code, I'm using "annotation(myExprset)" to get the chip type string. In the case of the HGU133A, I have now seen two strings in the annotation slot: "hgu133atag" and "hgu133a". If my code doesn't detect the right string, it exits with error message.

Thanks!
- Peter Warren
Wyeth Research
Cambridge, MA, USA