[BioC] adding annotation to exprSet

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Aug 9 22:39:25 CEST 2005

Andreas Zankl wrote:
> In the limma Vignette chapter 21.2, the ApoAI dataset contains gene
> names. How did they get in there? This is exactly what I am trying to
> achieve.

You could use the genelist argument of topTable. I wouldn't recommend
using the actual gene name, because they can be quite long - instead I
would use the gene symbol. However the choice is up to you.

genenames <- sapply(mget(ls(hgu133plus2GENENAME), hgu133plus2GENENAME,
ifnotfound = NA), function(x) x[1])

topTable(fit, genelist = genenames)

For the symbol, you do the above but substitute hgu133plus2SYMBOL.

HTH,

Jim