[BioC] Error in bioClite instructions

Peter.Robinson@t-online.de Peter.Robinson at t-online.de
Thu Aug 11 11:38:45 CEST 2005

Dear list,

on the page
http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/install-howto.html

the command
biocLite(c("pkg1", "pkg2"))
is recommended to install pkg1 and pkg2. On my system (linux, R 2.1, Bioconductor 1.6), this gives an error:

> biocLite(c=("affyPLM"))

Running bioCLite version 0.1  with R version  2.1.1

Running biocinstall version 1.2  with R version  2.1.1
Warning: unable to access index for repository affyPLM
dependencies 'affy', 'affydata', 'affyPLM', 'annaffy', 'annotate', 'Biobase', 'Biostrings', 'DynDoc', 'gcrma', 'genefilter', 'geneplotter', 'hgu95av2', 'limma', 'marray', 'matchprobes', 'multtest', 'reposTools', 'ROC', 'vsn', 'xtable' are not available

The following works:
> biocLite(pkgs=("affyPLM"))

Unless there is something strange going on in my installation, the installation instructions might need to be changed to this effect.

cheers & thanks for this wonderful tool!
Peter