[BioC] PCA plots

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Thu Aug 18 22:20:18 CEST 2005

Remember that points in the unlog scale is much more skewed than those
on the log scale. i.e. on the unlogged scale, most of the points are
close to zero and the ones slightly away from this cluster is much
easier to visualise. i.e. log transformation spreads the points out more
evenly.

If you points were characterised by a single gene, then something along
the following lines might be happening :

 x <- rexp( 1000 )
 par(mfrow=c(1,2))
 hist(x, main="unlogged scale")
 hist(log(x), main="log scale")