[BioC] Rserve seem to be working but it doesn't

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Wed Aug 31 16:24:40 CEST 2005

Hi Joel,

On 31 Aug 2005, joelarrais at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm trying to use the Rserve server in my Windows system.

I don't have experience using Rserve.  Your best bet may be to
communicate directly with the package maintainer.

> When i try to run the RServe i get the following message:
> C:\ ..\rserve
>
> Rserve: Ok, ready to answer queries.
>
> However when i try to test the connection using the telnet command
> (telnet localhost 6311 ) it doesn't seem to be working. Just get the
> following message:

> Rsrv0102QAP1
>
> --------------
>
> And what I as expecting:
>
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> Rsrv0100QAP1

Maybe your telnet client is just a little less verbose than you'd
like?  Have you done other tests to confirm that you actually have a
problem?  From the output you've shown, I would think things are
working.

+ seth