[BioC] creating cdf environment Correction

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Aug 31 20:42:37 CEST 2005

Carol Hannam wrote:
> OOPS - so sorry, but I made a mistake in copying the script of my previous
> email. Here is the correct version:
>

> Could someone please spot the error that I am making in creating a cdf
> environment?
>

>>library(affy)
>>library(makecdfenv)
>>pname<-cleancdfname(whatcdf("YY002001.cel"))
>>list(pname)
>
> [[1]]
> [1] "xxxx007a46cdf"

There appears to be an oversight in the function getCdfInfo(). If you
are using make.cdf.env(), you should name your env XXXX007a46 rather
than using the cleancdfname. So basically change the line below to read

XXXX007a46 <- make.cdf.env("xxxx007a46.cdf")

and it should work for you.

NB: Note the error message below - although rather cryptic, it does
state that it couldn't find the environment XXXX007a46, which was a
subtle hint in the right direction.

Best,

Jim