[BioC] Database for Microarray Data - request for user stories

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Tue Dec 6 00:54:45 CET 2005

David Ruau wrote:
> We use BASE to store data here, it's a great system which include a
> LIMS and a retrieval system of the data. It can rely on MySQL or
> postgreSQL as you want. You can store Affy or 2 color arrays.
> check out:
> http://base.thep.lu.se/
> It's rather easy to install and there is a mailing list, not as active
> as the R one but...
> There is plugin, API etc...

To add to this, I have written a BASE plugin dispatcher for R called
aroma.Base that does all the file parsing, logging, exception handling,
parameter validation, HTML report generation via RSP etc using handlers
onParameters(), onRun() [you have to supply this one] and onError()
methods; you don't have to know much about BASE to write a plugin for it R.
No root access is needed to install the plugin.  The plugin is for for
BASE v1.2 (stable). For details, see http://www.braju.com/R/ and follow
links for PDF poster.

Cheers

Henrik