[BioC] Error message from R2.2.0 on Linux

Tue Dec 6 20:42:22 CET 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 10:04 AM, Hua Weng wrote:

> Hi, All:
>
> Is there anybody have problem running limma 2.2.4 from R 2.2.0 on
> Linux? I can run the same code for Limma 2.2.4 from R2.2.0 on
> windows without any problem. The following is information for R
> and limma on linux:
>
>> version
>          _
> platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
> arch     i686
> os       linux-gnu
> system   i686, linux-gnu
> status
> major    2
> minor    2.0
> year     2005
> month    10
> day      06
> svn rev  35749
> language R
>
> limma        "limma"        "/usr/local/R/lib/R/library" "2.4.4"
>
> And the following is the error message from the command:
>> library(limma)
>> files <- dir(pattern=".gpr")
>> RG <- read.maimages(files, columns=list(R="F532 Mean", G="F635
>> Mean", Rb="B532 Median", Gb="B635 Median"), wt.fun=wtflags(0.1))
> Error in switch(source2, quantarray = { : Cannot find column
> heading in image output file
> In addition: Warning message:
> input string 32 is invalid in this locale in: grep(pattern, x,
> ignore.case, extended, value, fixed, useBytes)
>
> I highly appreciate any comments and suggestions for this error.

Guess: you are reading in a textfile which contains non-standard
characters, eg. special letters etc. You are currently operating in a
local which does not support this particular character, so either
change the locale or change the file. I see you are based in the US,
so I am a bit surprised that you are having problems with this.

Do a
# env
from the shell to get a list of variables, I think the locale one is
called
  LANG
(if you have variables such as LC_**** they override the LANG settings).

However, I would change the file. Further debugging requires a look
at the header of the file.

Kasper