[BioC] Bioconductor Digest, Vol 34, Issue 5

Michel JUGE michel.juge at st.com
Thu Dec 8 15:31:16 CET 2005

	thanks very much for your inputs ...
	It's working now

-----Original Message-----
From: Wu, Xiwei [mailto:XWu at coh.org]
Sent: 06 December, 2005 18:12
To: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
Cc: michel.juge at st.com
Subject: RE: Bioconductor Digest, Vol 34, Issue 5

Michel,

Yes, the problem was solved by opening outgoing port 3306. It is a firewall
issue. As soon as the port was opened, the database connection had no
problem. Please see response from other people to my question too.

Good luck! Let me know if you need any other details.

Xiwei

>Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 09:11:43 +0100
>From: Michel JUGE <michel.juge at st.com>
>Subject: [BioC] DB connection error
>To: <bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch>
>

>Xiwei Wu,
>
>I get same issue, did you solve your problem ?
>It seems to me that the DBI driver is not appropriate to R2.2...
>
>	regards

>>Dear list:
>>
>>I just installed biomaRt1.4.0, RMySQL, and DBI. I am using R2.2.0 with
>>BioC 1.7. I got error message when trying to connect mart:
>>
>>> mart <- martConnect()
>>Error in mysqlNewConnection(drv, ...) : RS-DBI driver: (could not
>>connect anonymous at ensembldb.ensembl.org on dbname "(null)")

"EMF <COH.ORG>" made the following annotations.