[BioC] rbind in annaffy problem

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Dec 13 17:04:27 CET 2005

Kimpel, Mark William wrote:
> I am having a problem with rbind in annaffy. I have a very simple
> annaffy table that, for the sake of illustration, I have tried to
> duplicate by row binding to itself (this is a simplification of a more
> complex problem).
>
> Here is my code:
>

> affytable.temp<-subset.affytable.on.GO.func(affytable=table,
> GO.TERM=common.go.hyper$"GO ID"[i], GO.Desc="GO Term")

Looks like the correct method is not being dispatched on your aafTable.
I get the same result unless I force things with

bound <- annaffy:::rbind.aafTable(affytable.temp, affytable.temp)

I think this is a problem due to the fact that rbind.aafTable is an S3
method and an aafTable is an S4 object.

Did you email Colin Smith directly?

Best,

Jim