[BioC] R from perl

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Dec 13 20:14:45 CET 2005

On 12/13/05 10:02 AM, "madhurima bhattacharjee"
<madhurima_b at persistent.co.in> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to use R from perl programming environment.
> I have downloaded RSPerl_0.8-0.tar.gz from omegahat.org.
> I couldnot  understand the following instruction:
>
> To use R from within Perl,
>
> R CMD INSTALL -c -l /<wherever>/ --configure-args='--with-in-perl'
> RSPerl_0.8-0.tar.gz
>

> What do I exactly need to do?
> Can anybody please help me asap?

R CMD INSTALL -c -l LIBRARY_LOCATION --configure-args='--with-in-perl'
RSPerl_0.8-0.tar.gz

Do this at the command line and replace LIBRARY_LOCATION with where you
typically install your R packages.  If you don't know, then leave '-l
LIBRARY_LOCATION' out.

Sean