[BioC] R from perl

Steffen Durinck sdurinck at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Dec 14 10:15:45 CET 2005

Hi,

One possible solution on Windows is when you would have an R script that
can get the data it needs from some temporary files created by Perl and
knows what is has to do with it.

Then include this line in your Perl code:
my $cmd = `R CMD BATCH yourscript.R`;

make the R script write the output to some other temporary files which
are then read by Perl.
Instead of working with temp files you could also use a database ....

Best,
Steffen