[BioC] Affy: Increase/Decrease two sided Wilcoxons test

Benjamin Otto b.otto at uke.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Dec 15 13:49:50 CET 2005

Hi everybody,

I'm working with the affy packages lately and one aspect I would like to
evaluate for myself is the agreement between the results returned by the
standard affymetrix GCOS software and the corresponding values delivered by
the BioC-MAS-functions. Until now I can perform the calculation of the
expression values and the call values by the one sided wilcoxons signed rank
test. But I can't find any function calculating the two sided rank test
indicating whether there has been an increase, decrease or no change in
expression between two probes or probe groups. Has anybody an idea whether
such a function is already implemented in the packages?

regards,
benjamin