[BioC] srcUrl function in AnnBuilder

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Dec 19 22:20:47 CET 2005

On 19 Dec 2005, shidaxia at yahoo.com wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for your speedy reply!
>
> It's still not working (see below).  This is not crucial for me, but
> I'm just curious why R can't recognize this function after I load
> the AnnBuilder package?
>
> ...Tao
>
>> library(AnnBuilder)
> Welcome to Bioconductor Vignettes contain introductory material.  To
> view, simply type: openVignette() For details on reading vignettes,
> see the openVignette help page.  Loading required package: XML
>> geo <- GEO() AnnBuilder::srcUrl(geo)
> Error: 'srcUrl' is not an exported object from
> 'namespace:AnnBuilder'

The error message is telling you that the srcUrl function is not part
of the public API for AnnBuilder.  For a short-term solution, you can
circumvent the namespace protection with the ':::' function:

AnnBuilder:::srcUrl will allow you to use the function.

Perhaps we should consider adding srcUrl to the exported functions in
the namespace.  How are you using the srcUrl function?

Best,

+ seth