[BioC] Install Rmpi on Fedora with mpich2 installed.

Li Long lilong at isb-sib.ch
Wed Dec 21 11:31:09 CET 2005

Hi,

This is probably something you could consider, might be a bit out-dated...
(I haven't done it recently)

I think
(1) the current Rmpi wants LAMMPI, I had a lot of trouble getting it to
    work with MPICH more than a year ago, and finally gave up on it;
(2) you could try setting MPI_INSTALL in the environment (I had it) as well,
    the install script might wants it;
(3) it's not a problem to have both MPICH and LAMMPI on the same system, as
    far as you could keep them separated from each other (you could double-
    check the scripts to make sure)

Good luck.

Li