[BioC] Installing Bioconductor on a Rocks Cluster

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Dec 27 18:11:14 CET 2005

Hi Dan,

On 23 Dec 2005, danield at igb.uiuc.edu wrote:
> I manage a rocks cluster and I was wondering how anyone has gone
> about installing bioconductor on a cluster.

I don't know what a rocks cluster is.  We have a "cluster" of servers
that use NFS to share a filesystem.  This is one way to install
Bioconductor on a cluster.

> My concern is that the slave nodes re-image themselves on a reboot,
> so that would mean a re-install every time and I do not have an RPM
> for Redhat like stuff.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve.  Perhaps you
want to create an image for the slave nodes that includes R and Bioc
packages?  You might be interested in quantian
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html.

+ seth