[BioC] GOHyperG

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Tue Feb 1 17:41:23 CET 2005

On Feb 1, 2005, at 5:45 AM, Katleen De Preter wrote:

> Hello,
> I have some questions about GOHyperG:
> After performing GOHyperG test:
> > test1<-GOHyperG(listSAM1)
> I would like to obtain a table of GO-ids and description and p-value
> of the first 10 GO-ids with lowest p-value.
> How can I do this?

The vignette is somewhat helpful in this regard, as is the manual page.
So, if you run the example,
  sort(xx$pvalues)[1:10]

seems like a start.

> Does someone know wheter GOHyperG corrects for multiple testing?

Umm, well the manual page is pretty explicit, I can only recommend that
you read it.
There are no corrections made, you can make what ever ones you feel are
appropriate, I personally know of no method that I would use or endorse
for this situation.

  Robert

| Robert Gentleman              phone: (206) 667-7700

| Head, Program in Computational Biology   fax:  (206) 667-1319   |