[BioC] limma - FDR adjusted "p-values"

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Tue Feb 1 21:12:52 CET 2005

I think it would be useful to have both the p-values and the
"q-values".  The "q-values" should not be called "adjusted p-values"
because they are not probabilities.  They are the estimated FDR at the
largest p-value for which the gene would be statistically
significant.  Perhaps they should be called "fdr-values".

My vote is for Gordon to invent a name and then use it.  As LIMMA becomes
more popular, the terminology will migrate to popular usage.

Cheers,
Naomi