[BioC] Problem with GOHyperG

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Feb 4 07:19:46 CET 2005

Hi Roberta,

On Feb 2, 2005, at 9:02 AM, Bosotti, Roberta [Nervianoms] wrote:
> I'm tring to install the new version (1.5) of bioconductor, but I got
> the
> error message below.
> I've installed the 2.0.1 version of R.
>
>> getBioC()

[snip]

> Warning message:
> cannot open: HTTP status was `403 OK'
> Error in getReposTools(develOK, PLATFORM, destdir, method = method,
> bioCoption =
>  bioCoption) :
>         Could not get the required package reposTools

A quick suggestion to try and get going again: Manually download the
reposTools package from www.bioconductor.org.  Then either try again
with getBioC() or use the install.packages2 function in reposTools to
install the parts of Bioconductor that you want.

Are you picking up packages that were installed in your old version of
R by any chance?  You can use the function .libPaths() to see a list of
paths where R is searching for packages.  It won't print anything out,
so assign to a variable like:

z = .libPaths()

Does this error happen repeatedly in the same way?

+ seth