[BioC] CRANrepository is not a repository or some http problem

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Feb 10 03:16:24 CET 2005

I have (basically) the same error.

If you have followed the mailing list you will notice that the website
is being moved at the moment. I am guessing that we have some problems
obtaining the BioC copy of CRAN.

Since rankProduct is a standard R package and since (ok I am
guessing) the BioC version of CRAN is do, install.packages2 cannot find
rankProduct.

Solution:
1) wait 'till it get fixed
2) use install.packages instead as it will connect directly to CRAN.

/Kasper

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 05:14:49PM -0800, Malard, Joel M wrote:
> I am not able to install (the development version of) BioConductor.
> I moved my office across the campus to this problem may be a local.
>
> Thanks for any pointer,
>
> Joel Malard
>
> > install.packages2("rankProduct")
> Warning message:
> cannot open: HTTP status was `404 Not Found'
> Note: http://www.bioconductor.org/CRANrepository does not seem to have a
> valid repository, skipping
> Warning message:
> Failed to read replisting at http://www.bioconductor.org/CRANrepository
> in: getReplisting(repURL, repFile, method = method)
> Note: Using download type: Source
> Unable to locate the requested package(s) in any known repository
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen