[BioC] Mismatch Sequences

Zhijin Wu zwu at jhsph.edu
Thu Feb 10 16:47:44 CET 2005

The following is from the vignettes of the matchprobe package

2.2 Mismatch sequences for Affymetrix GeneChips
The mismatch sequences are not explicitely stored in the probe packages.
They are implied by the match sequences, by flipping the middle base. This
can be done with the complementSeq.
> mm <- complementSeq(hgu95av2probe$sequence, start = 13, stop = 13)
> cat(pm[1], mm[1], sep = "\n")
TCTCCTTTGCTGAGGCCTCCAGCTT
TCTCCTTTGCTGTGGCCTCCAGCTT