[BioC] affylmGUI and annotate problem?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Feb 11 20:05:08 CET 2005

Anand C.Patel wrote:
> OK.  I have R 2.1 installed.  Have "all" of bioconductor installed.  Most
> everything works as expected, excepting that when I try to use affylmGUI, it
> works (including the GCRMA support, which is great), until the point where the
> probes are matched to the annotations.  At that point I get a string of error
> messages including:
>
> Error in mget(ls(cdfenv),env = mgu74av2GENENAME) :
> Object "mgu74av2GENENAME" not found
>
> It downloads the annotation files on its own, and does so successfully.
>
> What is causing this?

It's due to a change in how the annotation packages are being built that
hasn't been completely resolved as yet. A simple solution is to paste
the following code in your R session after you have attached the
mgu74av2 annotation package.

files <- scan(file.path(.path.package("mgu74av2"),"data","filelist"),
what="character")
files <- as.list(sub("\\.rda$", "", files[-1]))
myEnv <- as.environment("package:mgu74av2")
data(list = files, envir = myEnv)

Then you should be able to proceed as normal.

HTH,

Jim