[BioC] 1lq

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Feb 17 10:44:21 CET 2005

Hi Kasper,

I've just checked in an import function "getProbeData_1lq.R" for the
makeProbePackage function in package matchprobes. It should be available
on the bioC website in version 1.0.17 of the matchprobes package within
a day or so.

It does use the "scan" function though, and takes its time. (I found it
more efficient to spend a little bit more of a computer's time doing
this using a standard function, rather than my own time to write a
parser in C - but the trade off may vary)

   Best wishes
    Wolfgang

Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> Do we have any tools for parsing 1LQ files provided by Affymetrix? I
> know I can (in principle) use scan, but since the file in question is a
> little over 600MB, scan does not perform so well (meaning I killed it
> after a few hours). Preferably a binary tool like the stuff used by
>    read.cdffile, read.affybatch
>
> /Kasper

Best regards
   Wolfgang