[BioC] getBioC install problem in Fedora

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Fri Feb 18 16:54:10 CET 2005

Hi,
  It looks rather like you have installed R on Fedora using an RPM and
do not have the appropriate software tools installed to install
packages - and hence you cannot.
If this is correct then you can either install R (and all necessary
software - see the R FAQ for details) or hope that some kind soul will
offer to build and supply the necessary Bioconductor RPMs.

If this is not the case, then there seems to be something broken with
install. What happens if you try to install a package from CRAN  (not
from Bioconductor)?

  Robert

| Robert Gentleman              phone: (206) 667-7700

| Head, Program in Computational Biology   fax:  (206) 667-1319   |