[BioC] (no subject)

sdurinck at ebi.ac.uk sdurinck at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Feb 19 14:04:33 CET 2005

Hi Karl, Seth,

This problem is probably caused by the SJava version you are using.  There
has been an update recently of SJava to SJava 0.68.  Appearantly some
functions of SJava return a different data type, which causes errors in
RMAGEML. I only spotted this very recently and haven't had time to update
RMAGEML.  I'll do this as soon as possible.  For now, you should be able
to run RMAGEML using SJava 0.67.

Cheers,
Steffen

Hi Karl,

Thanks for pointing this out.  I don't have expertise with the RMAGEML
package so I don't have any immediate suggestions.  We will look into
this on our end and see what we can come up with.

>> Warning message:
>> The Java machine is no longer initialized automatically. You must
>> explicitly load it in: f(libname, pkgname)

I'm not familiar with the SJava package either, but perhaps looking
into this warning is worthwhile?

+ seth

Hello,

I am trying to use the RMAGEML package to read in some data from the EBI
ArrayExpress database. However, when I try and use the importMAGEML()
function, I get this error:

Error in checkSlotAssignment(object, name, value) :
Assignment of an object of class "list" is not valid for slot "maLabels"
in an object of class "marrayInfo"; is(value, "character") is not TRUE

I get the same error when I try to import the example data included with
the package also. Is anyone familiar with this package? Thanks in
advance.

Karl Dykema