[BioC] Re: [R] Configuration of memory usage

R.G.W. Verhaak r.verhaak at erasmusmc.nl
Mon Jan 3 20:13:54 CET 2005

Hi,

I had the same opportunity and ran into the same problem. The error
occurred when trying to read >25 CEL-files with the ReadAffy-package and
happened in R1.9 as well as R2.0. The problem seemed to be due to an error
in the Tcl/Tk package and might relate to the installation of Tcl/Tk on
our Irix machine. We did not completely tracked it down, as we than
discovered that we were using Bioconductor 1.4 (which actually worked on a
second Irix machine with R1.9).  Upgrading this to version 1.5 solved all
our problems.
Bottomline: make sure you use R2.0, Bioconductor 1.5 and install the most
recent packages available.

Regards,
Roel Verhaak