[BioC] the error caused by makeProbePackage

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Thu Jan 6 16:22:03 CET 2005

Well, we need a bit more information, version of R, of the
makeProbePackage, what files you downloaded from Affymetrix, what
commands you issued and what other error messages or warnings showed up
along the way. It looks rather like something went wrong earlier, but
it is impossible to tell from what you have decided to tell us. Please
try to provide a complete description of what your system is and what
you did.

And the answer to your last question is that yes this function produces
packages that are suitable for the version of R that was used to build
them. Did you try the example in the vignette? Did that work for you?
That is usually the place to start.

Robert

| Robert Gentleman              phone: (206) 667-7700

| Head, Program in Computational Biology   fax:  (206) 667-1319   |