[BioC] A question about Limma

Naomi Altman naomi at stat.psu.edu
Mon Jan 3 15:18:22 CET 2005

Reducing the model based on removing nonsignificant effects is called
"pre-test estimation".  It is known to increase the false-positive rate,
even in the classical setting.  In the microarray setting, there is no
compelling reason to use pre-test estimators that differ from gene to gene.

--Naomi Altman