[BioC] the error caused by makeProbePackage

Yingtao Bi dnachip at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 07:35:11 CET 2005

The version of R is 2.0.1, bioconductor is 1.5 and OS is WinXp. I am
the administrator of that computer.
I have tried the example in the vignette, but it did not work either.
The followings are the input and output:

filename <- system.file("extdata", "HG-U95Av2_probe_tab.gz",package =
"matchprobes")
outdir <- tempdir()
me <- "Wolfgang Huber <w.huber at dkfz.de>"
makeProbePackage("HG-U95Av2", datafile = gzfile(filename, open = "r"),
outdir = outdir, maintainer = me, version = "0.0.1", force = TRUE)

the output of these commands:

Importing the data.
Creating package in C:\DOCUME~1\NINGYA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rtmp23504/hgu95av2probe
Writing the data.
Checking the package.
Error in makeProbePackage("HG-U95Av2", datafile = gzfile(filename,
open = "r"),  :
       Expected but did not find the log-file
hgu95av2probe.Rcheck/00check.log after R CMD check

The same error happened, eventhough I changed the parameter "output".

Today I tried that example on a linux platform, it worked.
Also I have downloaded the hgu133atagprobe package from the
bioconductor website.

Thanks for your help
Yingtao Bi