[BioC] single-array error model

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Jan 8 13:37:24 CET 2005

Hi Francoise,

are you aware of a sufficiently detailed description of that error model,
which would allow to estimate its parameters from data?

I think that the additive-multiplikative error model by Blythe Durbin and
David Rocke is related to that of Hughes et al.: Rocke DM, Durbin B. A
model for measurement error for gene expression arrays. J Comput Biol.
2001;8(6):557-69.
PMID: 11747612

But I would be happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

The Rocke-Durbin model is used in the package "vsn" for the estimation of
background correction and normalization parameters, and can be used to
derive attenuated log-ratios that have intensity-independent variance. See
also: http://www.bepress.com/bioconductor/paper6

Best regards
 Wolfgang

<quote who="Thibaud-Nissen, Francoise">