[BioC] mas5call select genes

Claire Wilson ClaireWilson at PICR.man.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 09:49:44 CET 2005

Hi Katleen,

This is the function I use on a matrix of Affymetrix Absent/Present
calls (rows are probesets, columns are chips)

number.pres <- function(x) {
	x[x=="P"] <- 1;
	x[x!=1]   <- 0;
	return(apply(x,1,function(a) { sum(as.integer(a))}))
}

# Calculate present/absent calls
# They are stored in the exprs slot of PAcalls
PAcalls <- mas5calls(raw.data)

# This returns a vector where each probeset is listed with the total
number of present calls
np <- number.pres(PAcalls at exprs)

# Get those probesets with at least 1 present call
my.list <- names(np[np>0])

The simpleaffy library also provides a function (pairwise.filter) to
filter Affymetrix data and one of the parametres allows you to specify a
minimum number of chips on which a probeset must be called present

Hope this helps

Claire