[BioC] problem with siggenes

Fangxin Hong fhong at salk.edu
Thu Jan 13 19:08:20 CET 2005

First, please ignore the emails I sent out yesterday, I was using an old
version of siggenes.

However, I do find problems with siggenes. There is Excel version SAM
method which can be downloaded from Stanford website. For the same data
set, I got very different results from siggenes and from Excel SAM,

> out=sam(data,cl,delta=seq(0.1,7,0.1),rand=123)
> FDR=summary(out)[,5]
> Delta=summary(out)[,1]
> d.min=min(Delta[FDR<0.05])
> gene.list1=summary(out,d.min,ll=FALSE)$row.sig.genes
> gene.list2=list.siggenes(out,d.min)

siggenes identify much less genes than Excel SAM does. In addition, if
only one gene identified using certain delta value,
summary()$row.sig.genes (gene.list1 above) will not list that gene since
there is error in the function. list.siggenes will only print the
identified genes out, but won't assign gene list/name to other object
(gene.list2 is empty in the example)

Anyone knows what is going on here or what mistakes I might made.

Thanks.
Fangxin