[BioC] Bioconductor Install Problems

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Fri Jan 14 16:33:25 CET 2005

Hi Troy,

I think the problems you are running into are related to the fact that
some R packages depend on certain libraries being installed at the
system level.

The errors for KEGGSOAP appear to really be errors with RCurl.  RCurl
requires libcurl.  On an rpm based system, you will need to install the
libcurl rpm as well as the libcurl-devel rpm.

The message from Rgraphviz is because you need to install the graphviz
libs.

Also, I recommend that you start with R-patched (latest bug fixed
version of R) or at least R 2.0.1.

HTH,

+ seth