[BioC] annaffy's annotation update

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Sat Jan 15 19:31:24 CET 2005

annaffy like most other Bioconductor packages relies on the meta-data
packages that are produced and distributed as part of the project. The
specific details are contained in the AnnBuilder package that is used
to make them.

  Additionally each meta-data package has QC and build information in it,
for example

for the hgu95av2 package we get information like:
 > hgu95av2()

Quality control information for  hgu95av2
Date built:  Wed Sep 15 23:02:49 2004
Number of probes: 12625
Probe number missmatch: None
Probe missmatch: None
Mappings found for probe based rda files:
          hgu95av2ACCNUM found 12625 of 12625
          hgu95av2CHRLOC found 11382 of 12625
          hgu95av2CHR found 12177 of 12625
          hgu95av2ENZYME found 1710 of 12625
          hgu95av2GENENAME found 12200 of 12625
          hgu95av2GO found 10484 of 12625
          hgu95av2GRIF found 0 of 12625
          hgu95av2LOCUSID found 12302 of 12625
          hgu95av2MAP found 12144 of 12625

And if you go
   ?hgu95av2
you will see the actual resources used etc.

These are all versioned and typically updated every 3 to 6 months
depending on how often the source files are updated.

  Robert

| Robert Gentleman              phone: (206) 667-7700

| Head, Program in Computational Biology   fax:  (206) 667-1319   |