[BioC] webbioc upload manager error

Jose Duarte jose.duarte at human-anatomy.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 15:01:29 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 01:18, Jacob Michaelson wrote:

> I've got the pages up and running, but I've hit a roadblock pretty
> early on.  When I try to start a new session in the upload manager, I
> simply get a "Error: Couldn't create new session" message.
>

>From my experience this can be tracked down normally to a permissions
problem. The user that apache runs on need to have write privileges in
the upload directory. It might be anything similar.

> I've got debugging on, but have no idea where any of the debugging info
> should show up, so I can get an idea of what's going wrong.  I'm sure
> if I knew more about Perl I'd be able to diagnose the problem more
> quickly.

A starting point can be the apache error_log, it normally gives you a
good idea on how the cgi script failed.

Hope this helps. If you need help with debugging just drop a line.

Jose

Jose M. Duarte
MRC Functional Genetics Unit
University of Oxford