[BioC] affy Yeast 2.0 annotation

Jacob Michaelson jjmichael at comcast.net
Mon Jan 24 15:20:07 CET 2005

I'm having difficulty finding a reasonable way to format the annotation
data that Affymetrix provides (both MAGE-ML XML and a similar CSV file)
into a BioC annotation package.

I've read the AnnBuilder vignette and it seems to assume that one
starts with a format other than what Affy provides.  I've also read
that the RMAGE-ML package can take the Affy MAGE-ML package and format
it for use within limma, and a few other packages, but affy (or annaffy
or AnnBuilder) isn't listed as one of them.

Can anyone help me out as to what method would be most efficient for
formatting this MAGE-ML file into a format acceptable for use within
BioC as a general annotation file?  I can't find any such packages
currently available for the Yeast 2.0 chip.

Thanks in advance,

Jake Michaelson