[BioC] CDF/CEL binary conversion/support status ???

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Jan 24 19:41:43 CET 2005

Richard Finney wrote:
> What is the current level of support in Bioconductor
> for the binary Affy GCOS formats?

Currently the binary .cel files are supported. Support for binary .cdf
files should exist very soon. For the average end user, the binary .cdf
support should be a moot point, as the affy package automagically
downloads and installs required cdfenvs. All but five or six of the
existing .cdf files are downloadable from the BioC website, and as soon
as we have support for the binary .cdfs they will all be available.