[BioC] Affy 1.5.8 functions not working on Mac OS X 10.3

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Tue Jan 25 23:35:31 CET 2005

So Stefano seems to have identified your problem. You either need to
get precompiled OS X binaries, or install enough of the developer tools
to compile the source packages from Bioconductor. The problems that you
are having seem to be due to the fact that many functions did not build
correctly since you don't have a C compiler.

The Aqua version of R that you have installed should have some sort of
menu item that you can use to get the packages, and I think you need to
use that. I'm afraid I don't use it myself, so I don't know just how it
works.

   Robert