[BioC] Custom CDF Files - howto ?

Richard Finney rfinney5 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 14:13:59 CET 2005

Rhonda,
   I wrote a program that takes an original text CDF
file as a template and writes out my revised "units"
(Affyspeak for probesets).  The revised units are sets
of probes that map to a quality filtered set of
transcripts: higher quality transcripts, chimerics
stripped, latest Genbank records, etc.  A unit
(probeset) can get very large and I'm going to try and
 reuse probes if it's possible  (sometimes probes
match to mulitple genes).

I'm hoping that this will work with RMA but I am
concerned about GCRMA since it relies on additional
probeset sequence information which is originally
available in the "probetab" files provided by
Affymetrix.

Another possible concern is if Robert Genetlemen is
right and I have to change the chipname in the CEL
file.  This is, of course, a piece of cake with TEXT
CEL files.  Binary CEL files will require a little
more delicate approach: writing a quick hack program
to replace the old string.

I will certainly check out the altcdfenv package.

Again, if anyone has any caveats when dealing with
this, pleas let me and everybody else know about it.

Rich

http://brainarray.mhri.med.umich.edu/Brainarray/Database/CustomCDF/cdfreadme.htm