[BioC] GCRMA question

Radu Dobrin dobrin at pa.msu.edu
Thu Jan 27 15:46:48 CET 2005

Dear all,

I have been using GCRMA for the last month or so, jumping from AFFY MAS5
since everybody agreed GCRMA is better. Now I am having some doubts
about the way to use it. It was not clear to me from the beginning if I
could normalize all the data from different treatments at once or that I
would have to treat separately the repeats. MAS5 is one chip at a time
(no linear model). How do you use GCRMA? In my case I have 7/7/2 repeats
for 3  different "treatments" (cell populations sorted in different
ways). How should I proceed? Also what if I don't have any repeats and
only one chip for each "treatment"?.

Until now I have loaded all A chips and GCRMA all of them together.

Thanks for helping,
Radu

--
Dr. Radu Dobrin