[BioC] How to use distance functions from hopach package in a heatmap?

Katherine Pollard kpollard at soe.ucsc.edu
Fri Jul 1 01:50:53 CEST 2005

FYI: the dendogram that is made with Stefano's code is the usual binary
hierarchical tree from hclust, but using the new distance function (eg:
disscosangle). At this time, it is not possible to view the hopach
hierarchical tree (which is non-binary) with heatmap. However, the
function hopach2tree in the hopach package writes the necessary files to
view the hopach tree created with any distance in the java software tool
mapletree. This is the latest version of Mike Eisen's TreeView, which now
has a view for hopach trees.

Cheers,
Katie