[BioC] justMAS for macs in simpleaffy package

Eitan Halper-Stromberg eitan.halper-stromberg at nist.gov
Mon Jul 11 20:38:35 CEST 2005

Hi all,

     I am running bioconductor on a MAC OS 10.4.1 and have been
unsuccessfully trying to get Crispin Miller's justMAS function in the
simpleaffy to work for a while, and I think I've just been able to
get it to work reasonably well, so if anybody else is trying to run
this function on a mac, I may be able to spare you a headache.
Basically, what I did was download the source package from the
bioconductor website, compile simpleaffy.c and justMAS.R files
separately on the X11 terminal, and then modify the justMAS.R file a
bit, substituting an expresso background correction call in the place
of the c implementation of the background correction.

-Eitan