[BioC] JOB POSTING: Software Developer

Misha Kapushesky ostolop at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 12 14:04:17 CEST 2005

Hello, everyone!

We have a job opening in the Microarrays Team at the EBI to work on
developing the data analysis and warehousing tools for microarray data.
Please let your friends know.

*Software Developer: ArrayExpress*

*EMBL site:* Hinxton, near Cambridge, UK

*Commencing date:* As soon as possible after the closing date

*Job description:* We are looking for a software developer to join our
team to develop a suite of online data analysis tools for our rapidly
expanding gene expression database and warehouse. The main
responsibilities will include developing tools and methods for
large-scale data analysis, building interfaces between analytical
software packages, implementing standard and novel algorithms, providing
advanced data visualizations and integrating with the diverse resources
at the EBI and beyond.

*Qualifications and experience:* A degree in computer science or related
field required. Experience in web-based application development and
knowledge of numerical mathematical packages (e.g., R, Matlab) is
useful. Familiarity with major microarray data analysis platforms
(BioConductor, GeneSpring) is beneficial. Knowledge and at least several
years of Perl, SQL, XSLT, JavaScript/DHTML, UNIX and shell scripting is
required; knowledge of SVG, PDL, C and an understanding of basic
principles of statistics would be advantageous.

*Contract:* An initial contract of 3 years will be offered to the
successful candidate. This can be renewed, depending on circumstances at
the time of review.

*Closing date:* 15 July 2005

http://www-db.embl.de/jss/servlet/de.embl.bk.emblGroups.JobsPage/0572.html

*To apply for this post, please send a CV (including names and addresses
of references) and motivation letter, quoting ref. no. W/05/72
to:application at embl.de <mailto:application at embl.de>*

[Or just send the CV to me]

--Misha