[BioC] problems of hgu95a

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Wed Jul 13 12:06:30 CEST 2005

I had this problem before and I can think of two reasons
a) the file was somehow corrupted (e.g. during download).
b) the files do truly come from two different cel types

It is easy to check b). Open up the cel files in notepad or a
spreadsheet. In the middle of line of line 18 or 19, you should see
something like "HG_U95Av2.1sq" which indicates that it is from HGU95av2.
Now repeat for a few CEL files. If it comes from two different types,
then you might want to double check with the authors.

There is no need to go back to R-1.9.0 because I think you are going to
face the same problems and risk not getting updated packages.

I believe that there is one extra probeset HGU95A and HGU95av2. I am
sure there must be other differences, otherwise Affy would not have
released a new version. Perhaps others on the list know.

Regards, Adai