[BioC] how to list the shared/common genes from between different genechips

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Sat Jul 16 16:20:41 CEST 2005

Hi Han,
  It depends on what level of sharing you want. You can do it at the
level of UniGene/GenBank, 25mer, EntrezGene (and probably a few others).
That is probably the most important decision. One way to do this is to
first decide what you want to match on and then  map all the probes on
the chip to the identifier you are going to use (the annotation packages
can be used for this and I suspect that biomaRt could do it as well)-
and then use something like intersect to find the common ones.

  Best wishes
   Robert