[BioC] Significant dye bias using limma

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 21 10:44:27 CEST 2005

I guess the idea is that, as you have included dye-bias in your model,
you can now judge the effects of treatment with impunity.  If you hadn't
included it in your model, then any "treatment" effects you
observed/were reported *could* have been due to dye-effects.  BUT then,
you wouldn't have known your array had significant dye-effects, and
therefore you wouldn't have cared :-p

Have you looked at the original data?  If you have technical (or
biological) replicates as dye-swaps, what do the numbers look like?  Is
there a good correlation?