[BioC] Cannot find dotneato-config in RgraphViz

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Jul 25 17:36:21 CEST 2005

> configure: error: please specify a valid path to 'dotneato-config' version
> >= 1.12 using --with-graphviz=DIR
> ERROR: configuration failed for package 'Rgraphviz'

> However, my /usr/bin doesn't have such a file.
> Is there a version resriction to install Rgraphviz?
> or I have done something wrong (which is more likely).

My suspicion is that you have something installed improperly.  It sounds
like you might have already, but make sure that you install Rgraphviz with
the '--with-graphviz=/usr/' parameter:
   R CMD INSTALL --configure-args="--with-graphviz=/usr" Rgraphviz

If you've tried that and still no-go, I believe that you don't have
graphviz installed properly.

-J