[BioC] Problems loading mraw

Paquet, Agnes apaquet at medsfgh.ucsf.edu
Mon Jul 25 22:11:29 CEST 2005

Hi Amy,

I haven't looked at the vignette you are using, so I will try to answer
your questions in a general way.

The error message " Error in inherits(x, "factor") : Object "mraw" not
found" means that the object "mraw" does not exist in your working
environment. You can check what objects are in your environment using
the command ls(). maQualityPlots takes as argument a marrayRaw or
marrayNorm object created for example using read.GenePix. In your case,
you will need to do something like:

mraw <- read.GenePix(fnames="TAMwithamp.gpr")
maQualityPlots(mraw)

This command will only read the file names TAMwithamp.gpr. If you want
to read in all gpr files that are in your working directory, you can for
example either not specify any file names:

mraw <- read.GenePix()

or specify all files names:

mraw <- read.GenePix(fnames=c("TAMnoamp.gpr", " TAMwithamp.gpr"))

"masked from package stats" means that the function "density" from
package "stats" is overwriting the "density" function in package
"mclust". It shouldn't be any problem here.

I hope this will help. If you have any other questions about
maQualityPlots, please let me know.

Regards,

Agnes